Zoning Sheds (up to 200 square feet), Concrete and Fence (existing or new) required a Zoning Permit (PDF).
View the Zoning Map (PDF).
Inspections & Payments
- Final payment to the contractor is not required to be made before a final inspection is performed. (New Jersey Administrative Codes [NJAC] 13:45a - 16.2(a)10.ii).
- Construction permits must be inspected in accordance with the State Uniform Construction Code Regulations NJAC 5:23-2.18
- The owner or other responsible person in charge of work must notify our office when work is ready for any required inspections.
- Requests for inspections must be made at least 24 hours prior to the time the inspection is desired (no inspections can be scheduled via voicemail).
Required Inspections for All Subcodes for One- & Two-Family Dwellings
Required inspections for all subcodes for one and two family dwellings are the following:
- The bottom of footing trenches before placement of footings, except that in the case of pile foundations, inspections shall be made in accordance with the requirements of the building subcode
- Foundations and all walls up to grade level prior to back filling
- All structural framing and connections prior to covering with finish of infill material; plumbing underground services, rough piping, water service, sewer, septic services and storm drains; electrical rough wiring, panels and service installations; insulation installation.
- Installation of all finished materials, sealings of exterior joints; plumbing piping, trim and fixtures; electrical wiring, devices and fixtures; mechanical systems equipment
Required Special Inspections
- The applicant by accepting the permit will be deemed to have consented to these requirements
- A final inspection is required for each applicable subcode area before a final Certificate of Occupancy or Approval may be issued
- Any violations of the approved plans and/or permit will be noted and the holder of the permit notified of discrepancies
- A complete copy of approved plans must be kept on the job site (stamped field copy)