Dear Residents and Friends of Bellmawr:
As we enter 2023, it is important to recognize the accomplishments we, as Mayor and Council, have achieved this past year. I am committed to work with council to continue to build on our current and past successes while addressing the challenges upon us.
2022 was a very eventful year! We focused our goals to making continued infrastructure investments while balancing the tax burden on our residents:
- No local tax increase for the past two years
- Enhanced Public Safety with increased police, fire, EMS services
- Improved transparency with Zoom meetings, quarterly newsletters, creating a new website for easier access
- Over 2.3 million - grants from Federal, State and County to invest in Bellmawr
- Improvements to Bellmawr's parks, ball fields and facilities
- Improved and additional community events for all residents of all ages
- Outreach and partnerships amongst our school and borough
- Final cap remediation so construction on the landfill can finally begin on the waterfront park
- Phase II newly installed lighting for the streetscapes from the Bellmawr Senior Housing to Rockville Drive
Bellmawr continues to be a beautiful town and a wonderful place to call home as we once again were chosen as a top ten community by South Jersey Magazine. All of these achievements were a collaborative effort, directed by council, executed by our terrific Public Works Department, Police/Fire/EMS, Borough Office Staff and the many volunteers that make our community so special. We remain committed to fiscal responsibility, effective communication, increasing our transparency, and delivery of high-quality services.
I thank you all for having confidence in me as your mayor for the overwhelming support received in this past November election. I can assure you our dedication to Bellmawr will only grow stronger.
Winston Churchill said "You'll never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks." As we begin 2023, let's work together and seize the opportunity to make Bellmawr a town we can proudly call home.
Yours in Service,
Charles J. Sauter, III